Prof. Dr. Hermann Jungkunst
Since April 2012
Professor of Geoecology / Physical Geography in Landau
Venia legendi for Physical Geography in Göttingen and heading the research group Terrestrial Biogeochemistry
Offered position as assistant Professor at the Swedish University of Agricultural Science, Uppsala
Senior Scientist, Landscape Ecology at the University of Göttingen
Coordinating Scientist of the DFG Research Training Group 1086 Plant Ecology at University of Göttingen
Postdoc for CARBOEUROPE – GHG, at the Max-Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry in Jena
Ph.D. in Soil Science at the University of Hohenheim
Diplom in Geography at the University of Tübingen
21. Don A, Bärwolff M, Kalbitz K, Andruschkewitsch R, Jungkunst HF, Schulze ED (accepted) No rapid soil carbon loss after a windthrow event in the High Tatra. Forest Ecology and Management.
20. Grunwald D, Fender AC, Erasmi S, Jungkunst HF (2012) Towards improved bottom-up inventories of methane from the European land surface. Atmospheric Environment 51: 203-211
19. Fender AC, Pfeiffer B, Gansert D, Leuschner C, Daniel R, Jungkunst HF (online first) The inhibiting effect of nitrate fertilisation on methane uptake of a temperate forest soil is influenced by labile carbon. Biology and Fertility of Soils. DOI 10.1007/s00374-011-0660-3
18. Hurkuck M, Althoff F, Jungkunst HF, Jugold A, Keppler F (2012) Release of methane from aerobic soil: An indication of a novel chemical natural process? Chemosphere 86: 684-689.
17. Fleck S, Moelder I, Gebauer G, Jacob M, Jungkunst HF, Leuschner C (2011) Comparison of conventional 8-point crown projections with LiDAR-based virtual crown projections in a temperate old-growth forest. Annals of Forest Science 68: 1173-1185.
16. Jungkunst HF (2010) Arctic thaw. Nature Geoscience 3: 306 – 307.
15. Höll BS, Fiedler S, Jungkunst HF, Kalbitz K, Freibauer A, Drösler M, Stahr K (2009) Characteristics of dissolved organic matter following 20 years of peatland restoration. Science of the Total Environment 408: 78-83.
14. Vicca S, Janssens IA, Flessa H, Fiedler S, Jungkunst HF (2009) Temperature dependence of greenhouse gas emissions from three hydromorphic soils at different groundwater levels. Geobiology 7: 465-476.
13. Leuschner C, Jungkunst HF, Fleck S (2009) Functional role of forest diversity: Pros and cons of synthetic stands and across-site comparisons in established forests. Basic and Applied Ecology, 10: 1-9.
12. Fiedler S, Höll, BS, Freibauer A, Stahr K, Drösler M, Schloter M, Jungkunst, HF (2008) Particulate organic carbon (POC) in relation to other pore water carbon fractions in drained and rewetted fens in Southern Germany. Biogeosciences 5: 1615-1623.
11. Jungkunst HF, Flessa H, Scherber C, Fiedler S (2008) Groundwater level controls CO2, N2O and CH4 fluxes of three different hydromorphic soil types of a temperate forest ecosystem. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 40: 2047-2054.
10. Fiedler S, Lamers M, Ingwersen J, Streck T, Stahr K, Jungkunst HF (2008) Impact of the heatwave in 2003 on the summer CH4 budget of a spruce forest with large variation in soil drainage – a four year comparison (2001-2004). Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 171: 666-671.
9. Jungkunst HF, Fiedler S (2007) Latitudinal differentiated water table control of CO2, CH4 and N2O fluxes from hydromorphic soils: feedbacks to climate change. Global Change Biology 13: 2668–2683.
8. Jungkunst HF, Sauter R, Link A, Fiedler S, Stahr K, Haas U (2006) Verifying three types of methane fluxes from soils by testing the performance of a novel mobile photoacoustic method versus a well-established gaschromatographic one. Environmental Science & Technology 40: 6425-6431.
7. Jungkunst HF, Freibauer A, Neufeldt H, Bareth G (2006) Nitrous oxide emissions from agricultural land use in Germany - a synthesis of available annual field data. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 169: 341-351.
6. Fiedler S, Höll BS, Jungkunst HF (2006) Discovering the importance of lateral CO2 transport from a temperate spruce forest. Science of the Total Environment 368: 909-915.
5. Jungkunst HF, Fiedler S (2005) Geomorphology - key regulator of net methane and nitrous oxide fluxes. Zeitschrift für Geomorphologie 49: 529-543.
4. Fiedler S, Höll BS, Jungkunst HF (2005) Methane budget of a Black Forest spruce ecosystem considering soil pattern. Biogeochemistry 76: 1-20.
3. Höll BS, Jungkunst HF, Fiedler S, Stahr K (2005) Indirect nitrous oxide emission from a nitrogen saturated spruce forest and general accuracy of the IPCC methodology. Atmospheric Environment 39: 5959-5970.
2. Jungkunst HF, Fiedler S, Stahr K (2004) N2O emissions of a mature Norway spruce (Picea abies) stand in the Black Forest (southwest Germany) as differentiated by the soil pattern. Journal of Geophysical Research 109: D07302.
1. Fiedler S, Jungkunst HPF, Jahn R, Kleber M, Sommer M, Stahr K (2002) Linking soil classification and soil dynamic - pedological and ecological persepectives. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 165: 517-529.