Dr. Christian Noss
- Environmental physics
- Open channel hydraulics
- Mixing in rivers
Current Research Projects
- Dispersion in creeks and natural flows
- Secondary currents and shear stress in rivers
- OxyFlux: Oxygen dynamics in managed rivers
- INTERNANO: Environmental fate of engineered nanopartciles
- BioMixing: Turbulence and Mixing processes of aquatic fauna
- Environmental Physics
Academic and Professional History
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (since 2009):
Institute for Environmental Science, University of Landau
- Hydraulic Engineer (2008-2009):
BWS GmbH, Hamburg
- PhD Environmental Engineering (2004-2008):
Institute for Environmental Engineering, University of Rostock
- Studies in Land Management and Environmental Protection (1998-2003)
Faculty for Agricultural and Environmental Science, University of Rostock
Noss, C., T. Salzmann, and I. Storchenegger (2010), Turbulent and advective momentum fluxes in streams, Water Resour. Res., 46, W12518, doi:10.1029/2010WR009297.
Noss, C. and Lorke, A. (2012), Zooplankton induced currents and fluxes in stratified waters, Water Quality Research Journal of Canada 47: 276-286.
Noss, C., Lorke, A. and Niehaus, E. (2013), Three-dimensional tracking of multiple aquatic organisms with a two camera system. Limnology and Oceanography: Methods 11: 139-150.