blackboardStudents (regardless of nationality) already living in Germany will have to find accommodation on there own. You can also apply for an apartment in the residence halls or look for accommodation on the free market.

Residence Halls of the student union ("Studierendenwerk")

Students already living in Germany must apply for an apartment at one of the residence halls directly at the "Studierendenwerk". Deadlines for application are 01. February for the summer term and 01. August for winter term.

Further information about the residence halls (German).

Application portal for the residence halls (German and English).

Other Opportunities for Accommodation

If your application at the Studierendenwerk was not successful of if you prefer another accomodation, here are some links that might help you with your search. You can also find offers on the bulletin board at the campus.

Short term solutions may be:

  • The Catholic University Community ("Katholische Hochschulgemeinde") offers students looking for an apartment an overnight stay. Info here or
  • Couchsurfing: Some WGs offers a place to sleep for the first few night for new students. The offer is aimed for new students especially those that come from farther away. If interested, send an email to (subject "Couch surfing".)