Number of cases Mainz: 0 (warning level Grün) Action plan

Number of cases campus Koblenz: 0 (warning level Grün) Action plan

Number of cases campus Landau: 0 (warning level Grün) Action plan

Exchange with partner universities (outside Europe)

The exchange program is open to undergraduate and graduate students from universities abroad who want to spend one or two semester studying in Germany. The aim of the study exchange is earning credits and German grades, which can be fully or partially recognized at the home university.

Exchange outside of Europe can be conducted either within the Bilateral Agreements signed between the universities (please inquire at your home university whether it has a signed agreement with us) or within the ERASMUS+ 107 programme (for more information on the ERASMUS exchange see here).


The exchange students have to be nominated by the International Office of their University to the International Office on Campus Koblenz ( or Campus Landau ( by the following dates:

  • 30 April for Wintersemseter (Oktober-February)
  • 30 October for Sommersemester (April-August)

Following information on the student has to be provided during the nomination: Name, Date of Birth, E-Mail Address, Field of Studies at the home University, selected Program of Studies at Uni KO-LD.

How to apply

After the nomination has been accepted by the Uni KO-LD the nominated students have to provide electronically the following documents for the application:

  • Application form (the application form has to be signed by the student and the coordinator of the home university)

a)      for the students applying within ERASMUS+ program with the countries OUTSIDE Europe

b)      for the students from Partner Universities and Free-Movers

  • Learning Agreement (changes are possible upon arrival) – the learning agreement has to be signed by the student and the coordinator from the home university

a)     for the students applying within ERASMUS+ program with the countries OUTSIDE Europe

b)     for the students from Partner Universities and Free-Movers

  • Copy of Passport or National Identity Card
  • Transcript of Records from the current program of studies at the home university (English or German translation).

Application deadline for winter semester (October start): May 31.

Application deadline for summer semester (April start): November 30.

If your application has been successful we will send a letter of admission with further information.

Academic calendar

The academic year is divided into two semesters: "Wintersemester" (October - March) and "Sommersemester" (April - September). The winter semester begins officially on October 1 and ends on March 31. The summer semester begins on April 1 and ends on September 30. However, the lecture period only runs from mid-October until mid-February and from mid-April until the end of July. The remaining time is intended for exams/internships/semester break. International Office organizes welcome and orientation days in the weeks preceding lectures.

You can find the current academic calendar here.

Tuition fees ("Studiengebühren") – pre-condition of enrollment

Exchange students are exempt from paying any tuition fees to University of Koblenz-Landau, provided that they have been formally nominated to and accepted by the University of Koblenz-Landau.

However, all students - including exchange and ERASMUS students - have to pay a so-called "Sozialbeitrag" (social contribution) of currently € 230 (Campus Koblenz) and € 120,80 (Campus Landau) which is levied upon all students. This contribution is collected by the University and contributed towards the social institution and services of the University. The amount has to be paid by bank transfer prior to enrollment.

Grading system

1,0 …1,2 EXCELLENT - outstanding performance with only minor errors
1,3 … 1,5 VERY GOOD - above the average standard but with some errors
1,6 … 2,5 GOOD - generally sound work with a number of notable errors
2,6 … 3,5 SATISFACTORY - fair but with significant shortcomings
3,6 … 4,0 SUFFICIENT - performance meets the minimum criteria
5,0 FAIL - considerable further work is required

Health Insurance (pre-condition of enrollment)

All students have to submit a certificate providing evidence of public health insurance coverage to the university upon registration. This should be organized after arrival at the campus.


Please note: Admission to the University does not automatically include accommodation. The Studierendenwerk are responsible for student housing. These independent organizations are affiliated with but independent off the University. The International Office works with these organizations to reserve rooms for exchange students.

For general information on studying in Germany we recommend: DAAD webportal "Studying in Germany"