Documents for uni-assist

University applicants who have obtained their higher education entrance qualification/first degree outside of Germany must apply via the new uni-assist portal "My assist". Please find below a list of the required documents. Please do not send original documents, only certified copies. For information regarding standards for official authentification of documents and officially certified translations, please check the uni-assist website.


Certified copies of the following documents (in English or German) have to be sent to uni-assist by all students along with the printed online-application form from the uni-assist portal:

  • Motivational letter
  • (High School) Diploma which qualifies you for university admission in your home country, including a subjects and grades overview
  • Transcripts of records with a summary of subjects and grades, if you have already studied in your home country
  • Language certificates for German or English
  • For degree programs taught in German:
    • Deutschprüfung TestDaF – Level 4
    • or an equivalent:     Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang DSH-2,
                                         Deutsches Sprachdiplom der KMK Stufe 2 (DSD II),
                                         Prüfungsteil Deutsch der Feststellungsprüfung an Studienkollegs,
                                         Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS) or
                                         telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
  • Koblenz: For degree programs taught in English the following official certificates can be accepted: IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate (the language requirements depend on the specific Master's program and may vary).
  • Landau: For the study programs M.Sc. Environmental Sciences and M.Sc.  Environmental Pollution Management (Ecotoxicology) an English certificate is not a requirement, but a recommendation.
    It is expected that the applicants and students have advanced English skills in order to study successfully in English.
  • Passport (page with personal data)

 In addition, if applicable:

  • Officially certified translations of your documents if they have not been issued in English or German
  • Bachelor’s degree programs: university entrance examination (if this is required for university admission in your home country)
  • B.Sc. Psychology (limited admission), Campus Landau: prior application at the portal
  • Applicants from China, Mongolia, Vietnam: APS certificate
  • Certificate of your academic degree and academic transcripts regarding previous studies at a university
  • In case you have already been studying at a German university: Unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung (certificate that you have not finally failed an exam; normally issued by the examinations office of you former university)
  • Bachelor's or equivalent degree from a foreign university with a subjects and grades overview
  • Special professional/academic skills in accordance with the program requirements at the University of Koblenz –Landau

Please note that you need to include the following additional form in your application for a Bachelor of Education. Please find the respective form here:

Campus Koblenz: Beiblatt
Campus Landau: Beiblatt