Frequently asked questions about KLIPS

1. KLIPS login

1.1 How do I get my KLIPS account?

KLIPS uses the email address and the associated password that you receive when you apply an access code by the data centers in Koblenz or Landau.

Further information and contact persons for the access codes:

Koblenz: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/GHRKO/RechnerKennung

Landau: https://www.uni-koblenz-landau.de/de/landau/rz-landau/profil

1.2 I have an access code, but still cannot login in to KLIPS.

This can have different causes. If you have just received your access code, please be patient. It can take up to 72 hours for the IDs to become active.
It is also important to write the email address completely in lower case.
Otherwise, please send a detailed description of the error to klips@uni-koblenz.de or klips@uni-landau.de.

Please also give us your matriculation number, your full name and the campus where you are enrolled.
If you have been deregistered, please note that you can only log in until the day of deregistration (usually 31.03. or 30.09.).

1.3 I am abroad and therefore cannot collect my access code personally.

Koblenz: Access codes can be requested online at the Koblenz campus. When submitting your application, please provide the contact email address at which you can be reached. You may have to send / fax the acceptance of the user regulations to the data center. Your ID will be activated upon receipt.

Landau: Access codes can also be requested online at the Landau campus (https://management.uni-landau.de). The prerequisite for this is that a private e-mail address was specified when registering.

2. Registration for courses

2.1 Do I only have to register for courses as a student in the reformed teacher training degree (Bachelor of Education)?

In the the reformed teacher training degree, you must be registered or admitted to the courses via KLIPS. For students in other degrees, the institutes or teachers can set a binding allocation via KLIPS. Please note the information on attendance at the respective course in the online course overview.

2.2 Why is there an allocation in events, although currently no allocation is possible for this event?


There can be several reasons for this, for example:

- The event was already open for occupancy, but was blocked again for organizational or technical reasons.

- The existing assignments were entered manually, e.g. transferred from registration lists from the previous semester.

Check the course regularly to see whether the occupancy has been reopened.

2.3 Why do some courses say "application currently not allowed"?

This message is displayed when:

- the registration period for the course has not yet started

- the allocation of the event has been blocked (e.g. because it should only be opened after an introductory event)

- technical problems prevent occupancy.

If you can not find any reason from the comments on the event why the occupancy is blocked within the specified booking period, please send an email with the event title and the facility to klips@uni-koblenz-landau.de.

2.4 When does the application periods take place?

You can find the application periods for the next term here (KLIPS help german) or on the dashboard (home after login in to KLIPS) under news - "Semester-Info / Semester-Zeiten"

3. Cancel application

It is only necessary to unsubscribe from courses that you cannot or do not want to attend if you have the status "Approved" for the relevant course.

If you cannot unsubscribe via KLIPS, please send an email to klips@uni-koblenz-landau.de stating your full name, matriculation number and the course number.
Cancellation of applications takes place within the application periods  via the link "apply / cancel application" in the single view of a course or via the link "cancel application" under "My Functions - > Schedules" or "My Functions - >My Lectures". The cancellation must be confirmed in the following display (check the box "cancel application" and click the button "cancel application").
Under certain conditions, it is currently no longer possible to deregister, for example if the admission procedure for the course has been completed.
However, there is no disadvantage if you do not unsubscribe from registered events. In particular, registration and admission to a course is not associated with registration for an examination. There is an independent registration procedure for the exams.

However, especially in the interest of your fellow students, we ask you to unsubscribe from courses in which you have been accepted status if you cannot or do not want to attend the course. This frees up space for another student on the waiting list.

4. Forwarding of emails sent to the university email address

Some students have set up forwarding to an external email address for the university email address (@ uni-landau.de, @ uni-koblenz.de). Please make sure that the email address you are forwarding to is working and that you are reading the incoming messages.

5. Display of degree programs in KLIPS

5.1 I receive courses from both campuses in the curricula timetable.

To view the campus where the course is offered, select the "medium" or "long" view of the course schedule (top right).

5.2 I don't see all of my courses or subjects in KLIPS.

If you use the "My functions -> My Curricula Timetable" function, you will be given a choice of your courses and subjects. If not all of your courses and subjects are listed, please contact klips @ uni-koblenz-landau.de.

6. What do the statuses mean in the personal timetable

List of all possible status

  • AN: applied - Expresses the intention to attend a course.
  • ZU: accepted
  • AB: rejected
  • TE: participated – successfully.
  • NE: unsuccessful - participation was unsuccessful, the right to participate was revoked.
  • WH: repeat - Participation was unsuccessful, the right to participate again remains.
  • XX: bookmarked for future reference. Only interesting during a reload phase.
  • YY: replenished
  • CA: course canceled
  • VF: Malus (loss of semester priority)
  • NP: rejected due to low group priority. The participant was admitted to a group with a higher group priority.
  • MP: rejected due to low module priority. The participant was admitted to an event with a higher module priority.
  • HPHigh priority. The course was rejected and a lower priority was allowed.
  • SA: Self rejection. Deregistration of the participant, if set. Otherwise, the data record is deleted when you log off.
  • BB: Inactive module. The module was no longer available. Set by the admission procedure, module plausibility check.
  • TU: Date overlap for the participant, recognized by the admission procedure. No admission.
  • SP: Timetable saved without obligation
  • ST: cancelled by the instructor
  • WL: waiting list
  • ?: Allocation is running, no status can be seen

7. Registration for exams

7.1 Who can register for exams via KLIPS?

Registration for exams via KLIPS is only possible for students in the bachelor of education course, in the bachelor's and master's degree courses in Department 4: Computer Science and in the Ecolocical Impact Assessment course (from SS 2008).

7.2 I do not see all of my registered exams or achievements / grades?

Please ask the lecturers and teachers whether the grades or achievements have already been entered.

7.3 When will my internship be booked in KLIPS?

The internship data are sent to us once a semester by the responsible office and then imported into KLIPS. If you do not see a grade for an internship in KLIPS, your data has not yet been reported to us. Your internship grades will be added the next time you import data.

If you have any further questions about your internship, please contact the responsible body.

7.4 Why do courses disappear from my timetable shortly before the exams?

If your status is set to "Attended", the event will be removed from the timetable. You can still view the event at any time under "My Events".
If the event should nevertheless appear in the timetable, please go directly to the event and make a note of the corresponding date again.
What do the abbreviations for the examination form mean?
KL: Exam
S: written exam
M: oral exam
SH: Independent housework
E: written, possibly oral examination
L: Service certificate
O: in writing or orally
U: practical exam
kA: not specified
GA: group work